Sunday, April 23, 2017

Wiki So Far

         I have contributed to a few different pages on our class wiki so far whose topics span across a range of different categories. I decided to contribute content based on pages that are interesting to me or that I had learned information about recently and found worthy of sharing with others. For each paragraph of information I contributed, I tried to include an image that corresponds to the content either a company’s logo or a picture of what they offer.

            I have added and edited the New Media and Food page, specifically about the My Fitness Pal app, an easy and efficient way to count daily calorie intakes. On the Recruitment page, I contributed some information about the website Glassdoor and the professional benefits it offers. I also added the content under the Websites segment of the New Media and Fitness which consists of the Weight Watchers website as well as the Mouth Monsters campaign by the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.

            On the New Media in Social Networking page, I added content about Hootsuite, which is a social media management tool that is greatly beneficial to public relations professionals as well as business owners. For New Media and Micro blogging I edited the Twitter section to add some more information about how Twitter could be used as an efficient form of communication.

           I am especially interested in the New Media in Food, Beverages, and Hospitality Industries page because food is one of my favorite things. Therefore, it is interesting to see how far the industry has come because of new media and technology. I added information in the Instagram section where I mentioned Black Tap’s famous milkshakes and how their use of social media has caused their name and pictures to go viral.  I also added information to the Online Services section about the company Drizzly who is one of the first to instantly deliver alcoholic beverages.
             


No comments:

Post a Comment